Vinny Radio - Look! (prod. SPVCE)
RSVP to SXSW ‘14 - REMember Music http://sxswtakeover.com/
See u there
New Wolfhaus Mix on Vice Thump ft. Spvce - Pure
World’s Fair studio sessions
think i just found a bunch of old ass comments. whatever song u meant, thank you
The Producers Behind World’s Fair’s Bastards Of The Party
World’s Fair’s debut album Bastards Of The Party not only unites six unique MCs, it also shines a light on the next class of producers to keep an eye on. The emerging group of rap brethren, united by their East Coast geography overlap in many ways. One common denominator is a short list of producers making beats for just about everyone. Black Noi$e, SPVCE, Thelonious Martinand Chuk LeGarcon have been lending their unique production styles to many of hip hop’s rising stars, from Chance The Rapper and Vic Mensa, to Joey Bada$$, Bodega Bamz and Kool A.D. Thanks to this crop of fresh blood, the New York scene has been infused with a hot futuristic boom bap sound.
With their production making up more than half of BOTP, Black Noi$e and SPVCE are the names behind some of this fall’s illest jams.
Touching on his creative process for Bastards Of The Party, Rob Mansel aka Black Noi$e explains, “I tried to create things that had a lot of different elements to them, as well as a sense of nostalgia.”
When it comes to influences Black Noi$e cites everything from Jimmy Hendricks to Bok Bok of the techno label Nightslugs, and you can hear it in his music. On “Get Out” he melds a variety of genres not traditionally associated with hip hop. “I tried to use sounds that I was into at the moment, and footwork is a genre I am in love with. I’m glad they chose that beat.”
When it comes to New Jersey’s SPVCE, he’s already got a beat in mind before he even begins producing, stating, “Most of the time, I start with specific sounds that catch me or get inspired by something I’m hearing, then build a beat off it.”
For the album’s title track, “B.O.T.P.”, SPVCE delved into his bag of tricks to create an instant party anthem. Breaking down the track’s many components, SPVCE said, “I took a simple sample and slowed it down, which added a heavy low end and groggy effect. I then added multiple effects on the hi-hats, and threw a higher pitch synth for the high end of the beat. For the hook, I slowed the whole beat down and it added a great transition.”
Claiming this album was truly a collaborative effort, the producers attribute their stunner beats to World’s Fair’s originality and creative vision for the album, and of course, those killer hooks!
It’s a beautiful thing too when producers and rappers come together to create a body of work, and in the case of Bastards Of The Party, World’s Fair, Black Noi$e and SPVCE did more than come together, they conquered.
Bastards Of The Party Tracklist:
1. Pre-Game Produced by Northern Lights
2. ’96 Knicks Produced by Black Noi$e
3. Heathrow (Children Of The Night) Produced by Thelonious Martin
4. Sammy Sosa (Jeff Donna, Cody B. Ware, Nasty Nigel & Remy Banks) Produced by Black Noi$e
5. Get Out (Prince SAMO, Nasty Nigel & Remy Banks) Produced by Black Noi$e
6. Nem Diggas Produced by Jansport J
7. V.S.O.P. (Cody B. Ware, Prince SAMO, Remy Banks, Nasty Nigel & Lansky Jones Produced by Nick Catchdubs
8. BLISSKISS (DJ Thoth) Produced by Chuk LeGarcon
9. Wave Ride (Cody B. Ware, Nasty Nigel & Prince SAMO) Produced by Black Noi$e
10. B.O.T.P (Nasty Nigel, Prince SAMO, Cody B. Ware & Jeff Donna) Produced by SPVCE
11. Your Girls Here PT. II (Cody B. Ware, Jeff Donna, Remy Banks & Prince SAMO) Produced by SPVCE
12. Rear View (Remy Banks, Lansky Jones & Cody B. Ware) Produced by Black Noi$e
13. Blacklisted Produced by Black Noi$e & SPVCE
Download Bastards Of The Party for free from Fool’s Gold.
Little Pain - Suicide Watch (prod. SPVCE)
Shout to Fools Gold 6th anniversary last night